On behalf of Mass Mentoring Partnership, thank you for joining us at Fenway Park on June 7th for Mentoring Night at Fenway Park. The night kicked off with some great, mild weather that greeted the Honorary bat boy and bat girl from Big Frie...nds Little Friends and Child and Family Services with their mentors
attendees arriving at Fenway Park. The long-awaited Red Sox vs. Orioles game - a first Red Sox game for many of our attendees - was a special day for the record-breaking 1,000 mentors, mentees, program staff and mentoring supporters from across Massachusetts who experienced the thrill of a Sox baseball game as the Sox won 7-0!.
Mentoring was highlighted throughout the evening:
- The updated Red Sox Mentoring Challenge banner hung proudly on the Green Monster
- Mentors and mentees from Big Friends Little Friends, Child and Family Services, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Franklin County, Falmouth VIPS Project RISE, Old Colony YMCA, Partners for Youth with Disabilities, Children's Friend and Family Services, Newton's One to One and Everybody Wins! Metro Boston participated in pre-game activities, such as tossing the ceremonial first pitch and reading the starting lineup on NESN
- The chorus from the Raytheon Stand and Deliver program sang the national anthem
- Mentee Devine Williams from the Blue Scholars program was honored as a Childhood Hero of the game for being the first one in his family to go to college
- MMP President & CEO Marty Martinez appeared on NESN and WEEI in-game to discuss the Red Sox Mentoring Challenge and the need for mentors
- Our new Red Sox Mentoring Challenge PSA featuring Adrian Gonzalez played on NESN
- Champions of Mentoring sponsors from State Street, Citi, Bank of America, First Niagara Foundation and Raytheon joined us on the field for the pregame ceremonies
Want to learn more how you can help expand quality mentoring throughout the Commonwealth?
- Become a mentor or encourage others to mentor through the Red Sox Mentoring Challenge
- Tell your mentoring story! Share your experience of why mentoring is important to you
- Host an information session about mentoring at your company
- Share a skill you have with a mentoring program
- Allow a mentoring program to use your space for a meeting or friendraiser
Most people who get involved in mentoring have learned about it through someone they know. For more ideas on how to get involved, visit www.massmentors.org/get-involved.