Click Here 2023 Summer Camp Application
At Boys & Girls Club of Greater Holyoke we do whatever it takes to ensure all kids are on a path towards a Great Future, even in the summer. COVID-19 school closures and recently traumatic events will have a devastating impact on academic achievement, youth development, and result in significant opportunity gaps.To combat this and better prepare our kids for next academic school year, HBGC Summer Camp will provide kids with safe and fun summer experiences that give them the confidence to learn, explore, grow, and discover their passion. From STEM and literacy activities, project-based learning, daily arts & crafts, enrichment activities, and much more. Today now more than ever, Boys & Girls Club of Greater Holyoke is here to let our kids celebrate summer and engage in unique experiences. Breakfast and lunch are provided to all youth at no additional cost.
During a typical day of Summer Camp, campers are grouped by age with Youth Development Counselors as well as Junior Staff who assists them in supervised enrichment activities. Campers rotate throughout the facility with their counselors at 45 minute to one-hour intervals throughout the following program areas of the Club.
- Summer Brain Gain: Boys & Girls Club of America curriculum comprised of one-week modules with fun, themed activities for elementary school, middle school and high school students that are aligned with common core anchor standards. Supported by Disney, each module takes a project-based learning approach: youth engage in a process of learning through discovery, creative expression, group work and a final project or production
- Learning Center: Literacy and writing-based activities, science-based enrichment programs, environmental and cultural activities
- Art: Fine arts, drama, dance and music
- Athletics: Triple Play: nutrition, fitness and cooperative games focusing on the mind, body and soul
- Games Room: Pool, ping pong, fooseball, checkers, cards, board games, small group activities and other high-yield learning activities
- Tech Center: Keyboard typing programs, STEM based computer games, introduction to Microsoft programs, internet research, photography, and much more!
- Health and Life Skills: Prevention programs aimed to teach life skills and healthy choices in the areas of general safety, peer relationships and abstinence regarding smoking, drugs, and alcohol
- Garden & Cooking: Youth will plant, maintain, and utilize the food grown in the garden; on a weekly basis we emphasis the importance of nutrition as staff teach youth basic cooking skills
Main Club Summer Program Hours
Monday - Friday, 7:30am - 5pm